Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No Fly Zone

Our involvement with the "No Fly Zone" over Libya makes me very uncomfortable.  Secretary Gates stated that this was a bad idea before it started, because among other logistical reasons, it meant that we would have to declare war on Libya. President Obama has reiterated that there will be no "boots on the ground" in Libya.  Once the camel gets its nose under the tent how long before the rest follows?  Now NATO is in charge of the operations.  I do not know who Obama is listening to.  Recently, I thought I wish he would listen to his mother,or what he thought his mother would think and say. From what I know of her, she sounded incredible and raised quite a remarkable son.  I know we are signatories to the doctrines of NATO,but I would be proud for the United States to provide humanitarian services: food, water and medicine. After all is this not a humanitarian effort?  I am disappointed about the military jets dropping bombs. The French,or I should say Sarkozy, is enthused about enforcing a no fly zone, and so are the Brits.  Norway is contributing jets. So is Belgium. Is that not enough?  We can not afford this sort of folly.  We who voted for Obama are war weary.  We do not want it. If we continue to save lives, and Qaddafi prevails, then what?

My next task is to write to Obama to tell him to listen to his own voice, because it is a good one, and to Michelle's, his daughters, his mother-in-law and of course his mother's.  I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment